Peace and Joy!
Last week you read about our upcoming weekend retreat. We wanted to follow up and encourage you to join us.
Here’s what Maribel and I are offering:
- Ourselves: By the end of the retreat you will know us better and know what we do in order to care for ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. (These are not true divisions as they form a whole.) Our hope is that what you see in us, you can use for yourselves. We teach who we are.
- Our Home: It’s impossible to teach in a vacuum. Although the spirit moves in unpredictable ways and transformation can happen even in an online and impersonal environment, this is not our common experience. You will be in our home for at least 17 hours. We live in a simple suburban house. It holds, however, a sense of peace and presence. We have been told this and we have experienced it.That sense of peace and presence is also a quiet and persistent teacher. In this space we will cook and eat together, practice Yoga, meditation, exercise,and work with your intention to live a healthy and satisfying life.
- Our Experience: Maribel has been training people for over 12 years. She has worked with individuals at all levels fitness or lack of fitness. She is also a lover of delicious food and an expert in home cooking that delights the senses and serves the body. I bring 25 years or more of spiritual practice that blends East and West, a profound love for language honed by a formal education in literature, and training in empathic listening and community organizing. We both are certified to teach Yoga and use our practice to bring together all of the above.
- An exploration of the following:
- Stress management
- Food awareness
- Meal planning
- Strength training for health
- Soulful daily practices
Friday, JAN 27 — 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday, JAN 28 — 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday, JAN 29 — 9:00 AM – 1:00 PMCost for the 17 Hours: $300. Price includes healthy and delicious meals.
REGISTER BY NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JANUARY 20. CALL TO RESERVE: 786.991.2269.