Reminding ourselves of the sweetness and goodness of life, Maribel baked some delicious cookies Friday night to lighten our spirits. These are a great alternative for anyone avoiding gluten. They are delicious!
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine almond flour, baking soda and sea salt and set aside
- Mix coconut and maple syrup until creamy
- Add whole egg, egg whites and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix for 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto baking sheets. Keep them about 1 inch apart.
- Flatten slightly to 1 inch thickness.
- Bake until set and golden (about 15 minutes)